Creating an Account & Username
- How do I create a Sho_w. account?
To create a Sho_w. account from the app:
1. Download the Sho_w. app for iOS from the App Store.
2. Once the app is installed, tap the app icon to open it.
3. Tap Sign Up, then enter your phone number (which will require a confirmation code) and create a username and password and tap Join.
4. Enter the SMS verification code we sent you.
If you log out and forget your password, you'll nee to be able to access the same phone to get back into your account.
- How do I update profile information like my name, username, phone number and email?
To update your profile information, including your username and the phone number associated with your account:
1. Go to your profile
2. Tap Edit
3. Type in your new name, username, bio, then tap Done or Save in the top right
Learn about what to do if you're having Trouble Logging Into Your Account.
- What can I do if a username is already claimed but seems inactive?
If a username you want is being used by an account that seems inactive, you can choose an available version of the username to use on Sho_w. You can add periods, number, underscores or abbreviations to help you come up with a username that's not already in use.
To change your username, you Can Edit Your Profile.
- What’s Sho_w.’s inactive username policy?
We encourage people to log in and use Sho_w. once they create an account. To keep your count active, be sure to log in and share videos, as well as like and comment on videos. Accounts may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity.
- What if an account is using my registered trademark as its username?
Trademark violations may involve using a company or business name, logo or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation.
What is not a violation?
Using another's trademark in a way that has nothing to do with the product or service for which the trademark was granted is not a violation of Sho_w.'s trademark policy. Note that Sho_w. usernames are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be reserved.
How do I report a trademark violation?
Learn more about other types of trademark violations or submit a report of a username violating your trademark.
- I received an email that I created a new Sho_w. account, but I didn’t sign up for a new account.
Most likely, someone tried to sign up for Sho_w. account suing your phone number by mistake. To remove your phone number from the account:
1. If you have a Sho_w. account, log out. Before logging out, make sure that you have access to the phone associated with your account. Learn how to update your phone number. If you on't have a Sho_w. account, skip to step 2.
2. Click let us know at the bottom of the Welcome to Sho_w. message to let us know this wasn't you.
You should then be able to use this email address to sign up for a Sho_w. account or add it to your existing account.
If you're still having issues with your phone number let us know.
- I can’t sign up for an account because an account with my phone number already exists.
If you signed up for Sho_w. with your phone number but you can't remember your password, you can log into your account with your phone number and change your password once logged in. To do so:
1. Tap Log In>Forgot Password and then enter your phone number followed by the SMS verification code we sent you.
2. Tap Continue and then navigate to Profile>Settings>Phone Number
If you've typed your phone number correctly and see a message that an account with your phone number already exists, let us know.
Keep in mind that a phone number can only be associated with one Sho_w. account.
Navigating the App
- Log In Screen
The log in screen lets you create a new account or log into an existing account. You can also log in without your password if you have forgotten your password by tapping Forgot Password.
Keep in mind that when logging into an existing account you must use the username/phone number and password for the account.
Profile shows your bio and Sho_w. posts. It's also where you can edit your profile info and adjust your Account Settings.
Get to your profile by tapping the profile icon.
Camera lets you take videos within the Sho_w. app. Additionally, Camera allows you to upload videos from your phone's camera roll. From here, you can edit and share your videos in Feed or Live. Learn more about Sharing Videos.
- Search & Explore
On Search & Explore you can find videos that you might like from account you don't yet follow. You may also see curated posts from some of the best content creators in the community.
- The Shed & Shop
The Shed & Shop allows you to find products you might like as well as search for any products specifically. Additionally, you can make any purchases by finalizing your order in your Cart.
Home shows a feed of videos posted by profiles you follow. You can like and comment on videos in your feed.
Notifications displays likes, comments, awards and discounts you may receive.
Managing Your Followers
- How do I approve or deny a follower request?
If your account is set to private, anyone who wants to see your videos will have to send you a follower request. Follow Requests will appear in your Notifications.
To approve or deny a request, tap Confirm or Delete.
If you accidentally deny a follow request, you can ask the person to request to follow you again.
- How do I unfollow someone on Sho_w.?
To unfollow someone:
1. Go to the profile of the person you'd like to unfollow
2. Tap Spot to confirm
Once you've unfollowed someone, their profile will say Spotted instead of Spot. People won't be notified when you unfollow them.
Note: The only way to remove someone from your followers is to block them. When you block someone, the blocked person can't see your videos or search for your Sho_w. account. The blocked person isn't notified when they're blocked.
- Can I share other people’s videos?
Sho_w. is a way to share your action through videos, but you shouldn't share someone else's videos as if they were your own.
You own the videos you post on Sho_w. We ask that you respect other members of the Sho_w. community and don't share content that isn't yours. If you want to express your excitement over a post, it's best to comment or double tap on the image to like it.
Learn more about reporting potential copyright infringements.
To read more about our policies, visit our Community Guidelines.
- How do I set my videos to private so that only approved followers can see them?
By default, anyone can view your profile and posts on Sho_w. You can make your posts private so that only followers you approve can see them. If your posts are set to private, only your approved followers will see them in the Videos tab of Search & Explore or on hostage or location pages.
To set your posts to private from the Sho_w. app on iOS:
1. Go to your profile
2. Tap Settings
3. Turn on the Private Account setting
- How do I block or unblock someone?
To block someone:
1. Tap their username to go their profile
2. Tap the options button in the top right
3. Tap Block
To unblock someone:
1. Follow steps 1-2 above
2. Tap Unblock
People aren't notified when you block them.