Below outlines the best practices for identifying and resolving potential problems, which may lead to positive ratings:
- Inventory is not available:
- Do not list backordered items.
- Maintain a minimum threshold of inventory.
- Remove offerings that are consistently out-of-stock.
- Inventory quantity is not accurate:
- Send inventory update feeds as frequently as orders arrive from non-Mav Farm channels, up to every 15 minutes.
- Ensure that you process Mav Farm orders quickly.
- Set aside dedicated inventory for Mav Farm orders.
- If you use text files, you can simplify inventory updates by setting update-delete to partial update, and then use only the SKU and quantity data. The rest of the columns can be left blank.
- You can add multiple product listings using inventory files.
- Monitor availability and ship times closely.
- Synchronize your back-end systems to monitor availability and ship times.
- Product takes longer to ship than promised:
- If you use text files, set an accurate lead-time-to-ship for each SKU.
- If you use the Add a Product feature, use the handling time field for this purpose.
- If you use XML, use the fulfillment latency element.
- Notify buyers of any errors as early as possible, and cancel the product or order by default.
- Upgrade automatically to an expedited shipping method if you are shipping an order late.
- Remove offerings that are consistently shipped late.
- Buyer missed shipment notification:
- Send tracking information with your fulfillment feed.
Messy or Complicated Return
- Your return policy restricts full refunds before 30 days:
- Provide full product refunds for a standard 30-day period.
- Your return policies are complicated, vague, or burdensome:
- Rigorously review and clarify the language of the returns policy in your online Mav Farm Help pages.
- Streamline and simplify complex returns processes wherever possible.
Product not as Described
- Product image does not accurately depict its features:
- Provide clear images at the maximum allowed image size.
- Offer multiple views of a product for thoroughness and accuracy of detail.
- Ensure that the images meet all the requirements. For more information, see Product image requirements.
- The size or material is different than expected:
- Provide custom sizing charts. For more information, see Create custom help pages.
- Fully fill out the description and product dimension fields.
Wrong size or wrong product:
- Incorrect product shipped
- Check your packing, picking, and shipping processes for issues that cause errors.
- Check that your SKU matches to the right product on Mav Farm.
- Buyer not satisfied with product quality:
- Describe your product carefully. Do not use phrases like "high-quality" for a product whose best attribute is its low price.
- Remove products that consistently cause negative feedback.
- Include usage instructions on the product detail page and in shipment.
Customer service issue:
- Buyers cannot reach your customer service department:
- Make sure that your customer service phone number and email address are correct in your online Mav Farm Help pages.
- Use short, easy-to-type email addresses for customer service.
- Adjust your spam filter to ensure that incoming buyer messages are not categorized as junk.
- Buyers are not getting timely responses:
- Acknowledge every phone call and email within 24 hours.
Removal of Feedback
- Incorrect feedback:
- You can request a removal using the Feedback Manager. Refer to Request removal of feedback.
- Utilize the option to post a public reply for the feedback received. It will demonstrate your willingness to solve problems to prospective buyers and earn their trust. Refer to Post a public reply and Can Mav Farm remove buyer feedback for additional details.