Mav Farm provides the estimated delivery time to buyers on the offer listing and checkout pages. We base this estimate on the time between when the buyer places an order until the delivery reaches the buyer's address.
Handling Time (also known as Production Time or lead_time_to_ship) is the time between when the buyer places the order until you hand the order over to your carrier. Handling time is part of the delivery time calculation displayed on the offer listing and checkout page:
Total Delivery Time = Handling Time + Transit Time (+ any holiday)
There are two ways you can modify the handling time:
- You can use the Add a Product tool or select Edit on the Manage Inventory page:
- Enter the number of days required to prepare the product for shipment in the Handling Time field.Note: You can view your default Handling Time in your Shipping Settings, under General Shipping Settings.
- You can also use the Inventory Loader. For more information, see Upload products using the Inventory Loader template.
- Enter the number of days required to prepare the product for shipment in the handling_time column on the InventoryLoaderTemplate tab.
- Note: Leaving the attribute empty on the Inventory Loader template will cause the Handling Time to revert to your default Handling Time.
- You can also opt in for Same Day handling time. This provides you with additional flexibility to set same day handling time for some or all of your products. Same Day handling time only applies to Standard and Expedited shipping options.
Transit time: The time between when you hand the order over to your carrier until its delivery to the buyer’s address. You can modify the transit times for your SKUs by editing your shipping templates. To learn more, see Create, edit, or delete shipping templates.