When you choose a category for your products, make sure that you learn about the specific requirements and guidelines for selling in that category.
Note: To learn more about the product categories that are available, see Overview of categories.
- Condition Guidelines: Some categories have guidelines that describe the condition of products that you list as new, used, or refurbished. To learn more, see Condition Guidelines.
- Style guides: Most categories have style guides that can help you create great product titles and descriptions. Category style guides are downloadable PDF files that contain site requirements for images, product descriptions, and more. For information, see Product page style guides.
- Restricted products: Some products are restricted and cannot be sold on the Mav Farm website under any conditions. To learn more, see Restricted products.
- Categories that require approval: Some categories require that you get prior approval from Mav Farm before you can start selling. Learn more about Categories and products requiring approval.
- Required product identifiers: Most categories require a Global Trade Item Number (GTIN), such as a UPC, EAN or JAN, as a product identifier. You can request exemptions in certain categories. Learn more about Product UPCs and GTINs.
For more information about specific category guidelines, see Additional Category Guidelines.