To protect your password, it's important to change it periodically and keep your password private, since anybody who knows your password may access your account. We recommend changing your password every 30-60 days.
To choose a strong password:
- Use a different password on Mav Farm that you use on other sites. If you need help remembering your password, consider using a password manager. Research the best one for you.
- Use at least 8 characters. A minimum of 6 is required; a maximum of 128 is allowed. While not required, adding numbers or special characters to your password will make it even stronger. For example, the password "rivers2!%" is a much stronger password than "rivers."
- Choose an original password. Passwords previously used for your account will not be accepted by the system.
- Do not use the same password that you use on other sites, including your email provider. Actively monitor all your accounts, including your email provider, for unauthorized or suspicious activity.
- Avoid passwords that are easy to guess. These include passwords such as "secret," "password," "Mav Farm," or "123456." They also include things like a dictionary word, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can easily be obtained.
- If you already have an Mav Farm account, for enhanced security, please add or update it with a mobile phone number.
- If you receive a verification code from Mav Farm, do NOT share it with anyone. Mav Farm will NOT contact you and ask for your verification code.
Note: Passwords are case sensitive. For instance, "RIVERS2!%" and "rivers2!%" are two different passwords. When choosing a password, remember the capitalization you use, and make sure that the CAPS LOCK key on your keyboard is not turned on.